Wednesday, April 21, 2010

tears

When you think of tears you may think of sadness, but in my mind there are different types of tears:

happy tears: like when you find out your dance made the Gala performance for the first time ever
sobbing tears: when you hurt so much inside the only way to get rid of the pain is to sob
laughing tears: when you are laughing so hard at something/someone that you can't help but tear
mad tears: basically once you reach the limit of how pissed off you can be that you explode into tears
regular tears: the emotional starter. the ones you can't hold back no matter how hard you try

So why would I be talking about tears at a time like this? I am about to experience GRADUATION and my FINAL dance concert at Meredith! I should be soooooo happy! Yet when I look on the experience I experience many different tear symptom forms. I have diagnosed myself with all four cases. For example today writing out addresses for graduation announcements and not sending one to my grandmother, knowing how much she would have loved to see me graduate as well as possible perform for my very last time on stage. Its all bittersweet and I am sure that this weekend dancing with the seniors will bring tears to many peoples eyes.

So as the weeks go on I know to keep my tissues handy and my loved ones close, even if they are not as close as I would want them to be.

Thinking of you always Grandmother.

No comments: