Friday, January 7, 2011

Life After the Holiday Season

So here it is 2011.
The holidays are gone. My two week break from teaching is sadly over. And my mailbox is currently filling up with bills and tax filing information. In a way I am glad the holidays are over. My credit card gets a break and I only have to go two more weeks before I can get a paycheck.

2011 seems to be a bit more promising in big girl land. I remember back to this time a year ago how I was so excited that it was 2010 because it was "our" year. I spent New Years Eve in my wonderful Meredith apartment with my amazing roommate and her awesome photography skills excited for the year to head my way. As I welcomed in 2011 a week ago I decided to go out for once on New Years instead of sitting in on the couch and waiting for Dick Clark to drop his ball on Times Square...which I will attend one year...it is on my bucket list. I was surrounded by my friends dancing and celebrating. Even though I had to wait till New Years Day to get my "real" kiss of the New Year, I was fortunate enough to get many good luck cheek kisses from my wonderful guy friends. I knew that night I was fortunate to be surrounded by my good friends to ring in yet another year.

2011 has a lot to look forward. To begin...
- I have not one, not two, but SIX weddings so far to be apart of/attend. This will involve a lot of celebrating my friends next BIG step into the big world.

- It will be my first year having my choreography judged at competition with my lovely students. Five pieces of my work will go to competition starting in February. This is very nerve racking but I know will help shape me even more as a teacher.

- I will be leading my own two week dance camp this summer for the town of Garner. BIG DEAL. I guess working for the town part-time has its perks!

- I will be attending the PULSE tour which is a dance convention of all the top choreographers of today's time such as Mia Michaels, Wade Robeson, Laurieann Gibson, and so on. Really excited to be taking there classes and be standing within 10 feet of all these people.


HOWEVER there are things that I need to work on for the year
1. USE MONEY WISELY.
2. Find a permanent living situation for myself so I won't have to worry about moving anymore.
3. Continue to stay creative with my choreography
4. Start saving money better considering I have to live off it during the summer
5. Don't sweat the small stuff
6. ALWAYS stay happy for others in there endeavors...one day I will want them to feel the same for me
7. Find some sort of community service involvement
8. Have more girl nights...much needed girl nights
9. Learn to cook more in depth recipes
10. Get a puppy...no puppy will ever replace little Lily but (wo)man needs her best friend


Hopefully I can accomplish those 10 goals. If so I would be quite content with myself. So here is cheers to a new year, a new beginning, and a promising future.

No comments: