Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Kids

OK so I do not have kids of my own BUT after becoming a full time dance teacher this year all my kids that I see every week have transformed into "my kids." I look forward to seeing my kids each week, listening to the stories they have to tell me, and it is always a good day when I get self portrait drawings of myself from my kids. They never cease to amuse me.
This is what I look like apparently to one of my four year olds. Pretty entertaining.

I have to admit I am a fan of the MTV "Teen Mom." Tonight's finale episode got the water works going when one of the Mom's Caitlynn was reunited with her daughter a year after giving her up for adoption. Although she was sixteen when she made the decision, I feel like she was very grown up and mature with her decision because she herself knew she could not provide what this child deserved. Her reunion with her daughter really brought to attention to the fact on how children can effect and alter your life.

Children change adults lives. They can make you happy when you are sad. They always give you something to laugh about and it is very hard to stay mad at them. I love seeing my kids. My kids change my life. They teach me something new everyday.

This is why I am a teacher.

No comments: