Saturday, October 2, 2010

Teaching leaves little time for Blogging

It has been forever ago since I last had the time to sit down and actually record my thoughts. What I have realized is that teaching does in fact give me pleanty to analyze/think about but leave little time/energy for me to sit down and write about it.

So far I am enjoying teaching all of my classes. Going from teaching three classes last year on one night a week to teaching twenty one classes five days a week is quite and dramatic difference. I have a variety of personalities when it comes to my students. I usually always leave work at night with one good story to call home and make my mom laugh about. My favorite so far this year comes from one of my little four year olds who quite observantly noticed that my panty line was showing through my dance pants one day. In noticing this she decided to ask me in front of the rest of the class if I was still wearing diapers.....needless to say this was one of the moments where I didn't know if it was OK to burst out and laugh or try and seriously answer this eager students question.

Teaching is great. Keep me in shape and busy for sure. I have also lined up a couple side jobs just so I can make it in this "big girl world." I have found myself not so missing the school portion of college but more of the MC Life itself. Not being around all my closest girlfriends, prepapring for dance performances, and def. not practicing for Cornhuskin' especially during this time of the year! I have to say I miss seeing my friends but I am thankful to have a job. I know that eventually my body will catch up with the routine and realize that eating dinner at 10:00 is OK.

No comments: