Tuesday, July 8, 2008

relationships

All throughout life we are told to build relationships with one another, to discover and make friendships that will last, to surround one another with people that will hold us up when we fall. So we as humans do this, we build these relationships and then they grow on us and become something so dear and beneficial to life. But where's the advice when it comes to possibly loosing these relationships? Where is the manual on how to build a perfect relationship with someone else so you will never have to suffer from loosing someone that you develop this bond with? There is no manual. Its just you on your own taking this advice that everyone seems to follow and hoping that you do not fall flat on your face.

Recently my relationships have taken me on a different spin. They have allowed me to step back and take a look at my life and those people I have carefully let in one by one. My relationships with my friends, my mother & father, my brother, my boyfriend. . . it doesn't matter who with they all are completely different and make my life so unique.

I thought I had lost an important relationship over these past couple of weeks when in reality I feel like it has all been such a learning experience. Maybe, it takes loosing a relationship that is so dear to your soul that makes you realize so much more than what is out in the open. This is what I believe I have gained. People may say when you loose a certain type of relationship you loose it all and let me tell you I was completely agreeing with those certain "people." But now I take the daring stance to tell them they were wrong for me.

Over the years I have had one relationship that I grew to treasure. Recently this relationship became literally my life, until I thought it had been taken away. This relationship is no where near gone in my life, in fact it has only gone to the next level. . .if that's even possible. Its almost indescribable, its just the feeling. That feeling that makes you smile and cry at the same time yet you know it is the most amazing thing you have ever felt.

Why must a human always get hurt emotionally so bad that it takes them to realize that they have everything they have already wanted in their lives?

I have decided that yes, relationships are completely beneficial to life. The relationship you have with your family is going to be completely different than the one you have with your girlfriends and the relationship you have with your girlfriends is going to be totally reverse to the relationship that you have with that special man that stole your heart six years ago. So it is now that I build upon these relationships, treasure the fact that my life is filled with the most amazing people that I could ever wish for.

I cannot take for granite what I have been given because if I screw it up now I'm the one who hurt me and no one is to blame. So here's to strengthening what I've got and to never fear loosing what means the world to me. I thank that man for teaching me something new everyday even if he is an hour and a half down I-40. Till next time. . .

1 comment:

marie said...

i love you amy sapp aka meredith gray

keep writing :) i'm pretty damn impressed with your self disclosure skills here! love you lots and lots